How to use hair curler correctly
- By:Nepali B2b
To achieve the best results and minimize the risk of damage, follow these steps to use a hair curler correctly:
- Start with clean and dry hair. Ensure your hair is free from any styling products, as they can cause stickiness or build-up on the curling iron.
- Apply a heat protectant spray or serum to your hair to minimize heat damage.
- Brush your hair thoroughly to remove any tangles or knots.
2. Heat up the curling iron:
- Plug in the curling iron and set it to the desired temperature suitable for your hair type (lower temperatures for fine or damaged hair, higher temperatures for thicker hair).
- Allow the curling iron to heat up fully before using it. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for the recommended heat-up time.
3. Section your hair:
- Divide your hair into manageable sections. Start by creating a part down the middle of your head, and then divide each side into top and bottom sections, securing them with clips or hair ties.
- Working with smaller sections will make it easier to curl your hair evenly.
4. Curling technique:
- Take a section of hair, about 1-2 inches wide, and hold it taut between the curling iron's clamps or wrap it around the barrel, depending on the type of curling iron you're using.
- Start at the base of the hair section near the roots and carefully wrap the hair around the barrel, away from your face. Be cautious not to touch the hot barrel to avoid burns.
- Hold the curl for a few seconds (around 5-10 seconds) before releasing the curling iron.
- Repeat this process with the remaining sections, alternating the direction of the curls (e.g., wrapping some sections away from your face and others towards your face) for a more natural look.
5. Setting the curls:
- Once you've curled all the sections, allow the curls to cool down completely before styling or touching them. This helps the curls set and last longer.
- You can gently run your fingers through the curls or use a wide-toothed comb to loosen them slightly for a more relaxed look.
6. Finishing touches:
- Apply a light-hold hairspray to set the curls in place and add some extra hold.
- If desired, you can add styling products like texturizing spray or shine serum to enhance the curls or reduce frizz.
Remember, practice and experimentation can help you achieve the desired curling technique and style. Always prioritize the safety of your hair by using heat protectants, avoiding excessive heat exposure, and not leaving the curling iron unattended wh